Time to Invent is a great way to teach kids about invention. Kids love Time to Invent because they:
- tackle fun challenges
- gain confidence through inventing and creative problem-solving
- meet professionals who spark their interest in science and engineering
- realize the impact invention has on daily life
Designed as an afterschool club, the Time to Invent activities can work in any educational setting. A Time to Invent club is a collaborative effort. To start a club, form a team of afterschool staff and mentors (professionals and college students with backgrounds in science and engineering).
- The afterschool staff provide a connection to the kids, families, and afterschool.
- Mentors lead activities and introduce kids to invention and technical careers.
To learn more about a Time to Invent club, go to the Overview page.